Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hair for semi-formal company party?

My husband's company Christmas party is semi-formal and next weekend. I need advice on how to do my hair. I have shoulder length, dark brown hair that is very fine and thin and straight. It is all one length. If you need this info: I am a size 22 with a round face. I haven't found a dress yet, but it will probably be black with a v-neck.



Hair for semi-formal company party?

I would suggest to wash your hair as usual, then towel dry a bit to get excess water out. I would choose a product for volume, but nothing heavy. Usually gels are too heavy for clients with fine, thin hair. Use a mousse which is lighter. There are many over the counter volumizing mousse's that are both affordable and they work. I like using the Aussie brand volumizing mousse. Don't apply too much it can get sticky.



Next I would section off the hair. I usually keep a section down around the bottom and clip up the rest. Use a large round brush and blow dry each section.



When you get finished blow drying I would spray with a light hair spray. For extra volume and body you can use velcro rollers after you blow dry. I like these because they don't necessarily add curls, just volume. Spray each section with hair spray or a spray specifically for rolling hair (hot sets by Redken). Roll all of your hair then use the blow dryer to heat them up. Let them cool and take out. Do not brush...just finger comb and style as you like. Don't use a heavy hair spray it will weigh it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment